Duration: 48 month
Overall budget: 6.3 M€
Consortium: EDP NEW, EDPC and SEL
EU grant: 5.7 M€
Develop innovative tools for the optimal design and operation of LECs (local Energy Communities) integrating DER and multiple energy carriers at different scales which will benefit:
- Local distributed producers and consumers: reduction of energy costs while leveraging local, low carbon energy.
- Developers and solution providers: new opportunities for technologies as part of an integrated, replicable operational business model.
- DSOs: benefit from avoiding grid congestion and deferring network investments.
The e-NEURON pilots
- City of Bydgoszcz – Poland: an urban district where a local energy market and the provision of ancillary services will be tested, leveraging the aggregated flexibility from 15 secondary substations and a CHP from a waste processing plant
- Skagerak Energy Lab – Norway: an industrial facility (football stadium) where the multi-criteria optimisation of a confined energy system's operation will be tested, by managing embedded assets from several energy vectors, such as 800kWp PV and 1MWh BESS
- Lisbon's Naval Base – Portugal: a large military campus where a multi Hub aggregation system will be tested, to manage a plural system of micro-energy hubs aggregating energy and flexibility from local DR (industrial and residential loads) and DG (1MW PV) for local energy and flexibility forecasting and harvesting, P2P trading and grid services provision, local congestion avoidance and voltage support
- Montedago site in Ancona – Italy: a cluster of university campuses where a multi Hub aggregation system will be tested, to manage a plural system of micro-energy hubs aggregating energy and flexibility from CHP and HCPV for optimal DER scheduling and dispatching
Lisbon's Naval Base demo site
- eNeuron is led by ENEA and counts with 17 partners from 8 different European countries (Cyprus, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal and Spain)
- EDP is responsible for the Portuguese pilot
- EDP Comercial and SEL are EDP LABELEC third parties
EDP Labelec’s scope
- EDP Labelec will be focused on the management of the technical development and implementation of the Portuguese pilot, in Lisbon’s Naval Base.
- EDP Labelec will be involved in the solution specification and for the pilots’ requirements definition.
- EDP Labelec will give contributions throughout the project, namely in the development of the concept as well as business models and the economic evaluation, exploitation and replication.