EDP - Energias de Portugal, SA is the largest electricity producer, distributor and supplier in Portugal.
We are a leading company in the utilities sector, and we have joined Euronext Lisbon in 1997. Our energy reaches the four corners of the world, with a significant presence in the global energy landscape. EDP is part of the Dow Jones World Sustainability Index.
We are a never-ending energy:
- We operate in 14 countries and 4 continents
- We are the third largest electricity production company
- We provide electricity to almost 10 million customers
- We have close to 12.000 workers worldwide
- Almost 70% of our energy is produced from renewable resources
At the operational level, EDP is present in Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, UK, Belgium, Poland, Romania, Canada, Brazil and the United States, Mexico and China.
EDP is strongly committed to contributing to stimulate the use of clean energies. Investing in renewable energy is therefore one of the group's strategic priorities. For more information, please refer to EDP's Strategic Guidelines and Renewable Energies.