Who we are
We are a global energy company, operating in 19 countries and 5 continents, in the generation, transport, distribution and marketing of electricity and gas. We have 12,000 employees, across Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Poland, Romania, Greece, Brazil, the U.S.A., Angola, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Canada, Peru, Mexico and China. With over 11 million clients, we are at the forefront of innovation in renewable energies. We produce today the energy of tomorrow.
Vision, Values and Undertakings
as expressed through our staff's behavior and attitude.
of shareholders, suppliers and other stakeholders.
in our performance.
to improve the quality of life of present and future generations.
in order to create value in the various areas in which we operate.
1,113Net income (M€)
Sustainability is a priority for EDP. Its incorporation into the Group's business activities is assessed and acknowledged by our stakeholders. For the eighth consecutive year EDP is a member of the Dow Jones World Sustainability Index.
26.6 MktCO2 avoided by EDP Group in 2017.
EDP commits to the values it defends, since they are crucial to strengthen the company's relationship with society. We support and promote social, cultural, scientific, technological, educational, environmental and heritage protection initiatives, with a special focus on the energy sector.
Until 2020 we want
We want to continue to grow steadily, in a balanced and profitable way. The Strategic Agenda for 2016-2020 sets the goals and paths we have chosen to achieve success:
- Focused growth with an average net investment of €1.4 billion per year.
- A 3% annual average growth of the gross operating result.
- Continued financial deleveraging to achieve a threefold increase in our net debt/gross operating profit ratio (EBITDA) in 2020
- Maintaining a low risk profile, with an outlook that 76% of the installed capacity will be renewable.
- The percentage of gross operating profits generated by regulated business activities or long-term power sales contracts is expected to reach 75% in 2020
- Improving efficiency to generate €700 million in savings.
- The operating costs/gross margin ratio is expected to drop to 26%.
- Assuring shareholders that net profits per share are expected to grow an average 4% per year.