EDP Comercial has suspended power cuts and allows flexible payment plans
The company guarantees the suspension of power cuts during the pandemic period and will allow flexible payment plans for customers who express this need.
In response to the latest developments of last week and the weekend, EDP Comercial decided to suspend all power cuts scheduled for this week, a measure that should continue over the next few weeks. In parallel, and since the beginning of last week, EDP Comercial has been communicating to its customers a flexible program of invoice payment as well as payments deadline, whenever this need is expressed.
These initiatives to protect our customers are in addition to a wide range of other measures that had already been communicated by EDP Comercial to safeguard the health and well-being of its employees and partners, namely:
- closing 50% of its stores
- reduction in the number of employees in store (over 35% reduction)
- controlled access to stores, allowing only a limited number of customers to be present in these facilities
- reduction in the effective number in contact centers (by 50%)
- reinforcement of hygiene and safety measures, such as the provision of alcohol, gel, gloves and wipes (this reinforcement is due to the unavailability of stocks of this type of material that affects the entire national market)
Knowing the central role that companies play in society, we strengthened today with our customers the importance of using digital media and channels for communication.
The extraordinary nature of the situation we live in requires constant monitoring by our company and we are totally committed in quick decision-making and to act swiftly whenever it is necessary, in partnership with health authorities, to stop the spread of this pandemic.