This policy establishes the corporate objectives and strategies related to EDP's Social Investment, which is expressed in Social Responsibility programs and activities in society through proprietary and collaborative initiatives, donations and volunteering.
This policy applies the principles and methodologies referred to in the following documents:
1. ISO 26000 – Corporate Social Responsibility
2. Principles for Social Investment – United Nations
3. Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) - United Nations
4. Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Guidelines
5. LBG – Measuring Community Investment
This policy should be interpreted in a manner consistent with the following EDP policies and commitments:
1. Sustainable Development Principles
2. Stakeholder Relations Policy
3. Code of Ethics
4. Materiality Guide
5. Volunteer Program
6. EDP's SDG
7. The Foundations’ articles of incorporation
Social Investment: financial and non-financial contributions that have proven to help local communities and broader society to tackle their development priorities.
EDP's Social Investment programs and activities are geared towards social objectives integrated into one or more of the following priorities:
a) Promote access to culture and art and protect cultural heritage
b) Promote social inclusion and the adoption of sustainable ways of living, enhancing energy inclusion and access to energy
c) Protect natural heritage and biodiversity
d) Promote energy efficiency, renewable energy and decarbonization
In the development of its Social Investment activity, the EDP Group commits itself to:
1. Create value for stakeholders and for the EDP Group through Social Investment programs and activities that combine the satisfaction of social needs and the core needs and themes of each business.
2. Act in accordance with the Social Responsibility Principles (ISO 26000) and the United Nations Guiding Principles on Social Investment, of Relevance, Accountability, Transparency, Ethical Conduct and Respect.
3. Promote continuous improvement of program performance by defining medium- and long-term plans, objectives and targets, and establishing adequate criteria for the selection, development, monitoring and evaluation of results, using an internationally recognized corporate methodology to assess the benefits for society and the business.
4. Verify and audit adequate compliance with the Social Investment Policy.
5. Define human resources policies and make adequate media, organizational structures, financial resources, goods and services available for the development of programs and activities.
6. Publicly and transparently communicate its Social Investment policy, its programs and their performance.
The defined objectives and commitments must be implemented through the following strategic lines:
1. Develop proprietary programs and collaborate in activities of third parties aligned with the EDP Group’s Social Investment objectives and commitments.
2. Foster corporate volunteering, mobilizing the skills of business units and employees.
3. Foster the involvement of the Third Sector and multi-stakeholder collaboration in the development of the programs.
4. Value education and awareness as essential vectors for achieving the objectives.
5. Develop programs aimed at local communities in the areas of influence of production centers, distribution concession areas and in client communities.
6. Guarantee the reputation of the social investment programs and foster recognition of the EDP Group.