Digital in our strategy
By 2025, the objective will involve investing a total of 1 billion euros in digital CAPEX, enabling projects to be implemented in the various areas of development:
- Customer relations: to increase the quality and speed of customer services through robotisation and automation tools;
- Asset & operations management: to increase efficiency through the implementation of predictive maintenance solutions;
- Internal operation: to simplify and digitise the vast majority of processes, such as check-in for meetings and the signing of contracts.
KPI's of 2022
Digital projects are mostly oriented toward the optimization of processes and asset management. The adoption of disruptive digital solutions by the business accelerates its digital transformation, boosting performance optimization and value creation for the different stakeholders, by engaging them in the different stages of product development.
As of mid-2020, the current DGU's digital product portfolio of Digital at EDP covers four distinct types, depending on their timeframe and scope, namely:
- Digital boost: integrated and disruptive solutions, which promote significant changes in the organization, processes and ways of working, across entire areas (development >6 months);
- mVP (Minimum Viable Product): solutions, based on Agile methodologies, which deliver a ready-to-use tool with the necessary and sufficient features for the business in a short period of time, and that can be later scaled (3-4 months of development);
- Scale-up: solutions that allow a previously delivered solution to be scale-up with additional features, integrations and/or scope, boosting the adoption and impact of the original solution, as for example in cases of MVP (development < 3 months);
- QuickWin: agile and pragmatic solutions that solve a business problem leveraging standard tools such as Office365, PowerBI, MSTeams, PowerAutomate, or new ways of working such as Virtual Communities, Design Thinking (development <1 month).
In 2022, EDP focused on delivering solutions more globally, across the Group's different businesses and geographies, leveraging synergies, opportunities and efficiency, having delivered more than 100 digital products to the business during that year.