EDP's digitalization process is taking over the company's entire landscape, changing not only the way we operate in the energy sector but also the way we interact with our employees, customers and the communities we serve.
Digital transformation in the EDP group is based on three interdependent areas:
- Digital Projects
- Digital Culture
- Customer relations: to increase the quality and speed of customer services through robotisation and automation tools;
- Asset & operations management: to increase efficiency through the implementation of predictive maintenance solutions;
- Internal operation: to simplify and digitise the vast majority of processes, such as check-in for meetings and the signing of contracts.
- Digital signatures of documents
- Employee digital experience
- Predictive maintenance of assets
- Sustainable customer relationship through digital technology
EDP Digital Factory
Located at EDP headquarters in Lisbon, this space was designed to help employees co-create, prototype, observe, discuss, share, develop, and think. EDP Digital Factory is the place where the company's various business areas and regions converge and also the first step towards creating a digital ecosystem and implementing the new paradigm that EDP intends to embrace. It is a space that reflects the new EDP.
Digital with Purpose movement
In 2021, EDP received the DWP movement’s seal of commitment. The movement consists of more than 40 leading technology companies and its main objective is the promotion and advancement of the technology industry, aligned with sustainable practices and calling on governments and policy makers to accelerate fulfilment of the sustainability goals by 2030.